NEWS FLASH!!!— Closing date extended by two days as we experienced a 24 hour crash on our web site in the closing days of the competition. Now closing on Fri 2nd of September. Absolutely the last extension.
|1st June:||Competition opens|
|31st August:||Competition closes|
|27th September:||Finalists (top 10 in each age category) announced on-line, phone , email & Facebook|
|29th. September||Winners – first, second and third in each age category announced on-line, phone , email & Facebook|
|1st. October:||E-book of songs published on-line. Link will be added here and on Facebook|
- Must be in mp3 format with accompanying lyrics sheet in pdf, doc, docx, tif, gif format.
- File must be less than 30MB
- Can be a collaborative entry, but applicants will share prize
The entrant agrees that:
- Songwriters should submit an MP3 or sheet music including lyrics and melody of ONE song they have written. Songwriters can submit more than one entry, but each entry requires a separate application and fee.
- The selected winners (3 from each age category) will have their songs recorded on a compilation CD. The remaining finalists in the top 10 in each category will receive a Certificate of Commendation.
- Nillumbik Greens will hold copyright over the compilation CD: Change the world with your song and the e-book.
- All entrants will retain all copyrights & all other rights for their entered song, except that Nillumbik Greens will have copyright over the CD and the e-book.
- Should his or her song be selected as one of the Winners, Nillumbik Greens shall have permission to use the song, as well as the Entrant’s name, likeness, and voice for the purpose of promoting the CD.
- The song(s) submitted will be available for publication in an e-book.
- Organizers reserve the right to reject lyrics which reflect racial, religious or sexual discrimination, or are deemed by the organisers or judges to be offensive.
- Songs are submitted according to the advertised themes and categories and judged according to the advertised criteria
- Songs will be judged anonymously
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, for the winners, inclusion in the CD or inclusion in the e-book.
- Previously released/published songs may only be entered if independent or unsigned and have sold less than 500 digital or hard copy at the time of entry.